Thrigby, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Thrigby, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||East and West Flegg|
|Parish registers: 1539|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
THRIGBY (St. Mary), a parish, in the East and West Flegg incorporation, hundred of East Flegg, E. division of Norfolk, 7 miles (N. W. by W.) from Yarmouth. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Thrigby parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|THRIGBY PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Thrigby on GenUKI
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 346-349. Date accessed:16 July 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.