Tillamook County, Oregon Genealogy
Guide to Tillamook County, Oregon ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Tillamook County, Oregon|
Location in the state of Oregon
Location of Oregon in the U.S.
|Founded||December 15, 1853|
|Address|| Tillamook County Courthouse|
201 Laurel Avenue
Tillamook, OR 97141
Tillamook County Website
- 1 County Information
- 2 County Courthouse
- 3 The Land of Cheese, Trees and Ocean Breeze
- 4 Quick Facts
- 5 Places / Localities
- 6 Neighboring Counties
- 7 Resources
- 7.1 Biography
- 7.2 Cemeteries
- 7.3 Census
- 7.4 Church History and Records
- 7.5 Court Records
- 7.6 Gazetteers
- 7.7 History
- 7.8 Land and Property
- 7.9 Maps
- 7.10 Military History and Records
- 7.11 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 7.12 Newspapers
- 7.13 Probate Records
- 7.14 Rivers and Waterways
- 7.15 Taxation
- 7.16 Vital Records
- 8 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 9 Web Sites
- 10 Tillamook County Oregon Genealogy References
Tillamook County, Oregon Record Dates
County Clerk has marriage records from 1862,
divorce, probate and court records from 1860.
The Land of Cheese, Trees and Ocean Breeze
15 December 1853: Tillamook county was created from Clatsop, Polk and Yamhill Counties.
The name Tillamook comes from the Tillamook (Killamook or Calamoxes) Indians., a Native American tribe living in the area in 19th century. 
- Records Held at the Courthouse
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Tillamook County Court House as of August/September 2006.
For animated maps illustrating Oregon County boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Oregon County Boundary Maps" (1843-1975) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
There is no known history of courthouse disasters in this county.
Places / Localities
Bay City | Garibaldi | Manzanita | Nehalem | Rockaway Beach | Tillamook | Wheeler,
Barview | Beaver | Cape Meares | Cloverdale | Hebo | Idiotville | Neskowin | Netarts | Oceanside | Pacific City | Twin Rocks | Woods
Information about localities, too small or too brief to describe in separate pages. Exception to this are Post Offices. > Trivia Tidbits
Church History and Records
Land and Property
Military History and Records
- 1861-1865 - Oregon, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865 at FamilySearch — index
Naturalization and Citizenship
Oregon Online Historical Newspapers - identifies historical archived and digitized newspapers available online on both free and pay-to-access websites.
- 1833 – 1963 Oregon Wills and Probate Records 1833-1963 at Ancestry.com — index and images $
- Tillamook County probate case files, 1859-1920
- Record of wills, guardianships, and probate journals (Tillamook County, Oregon)
Rivers and Waterways
Details about the rivers and waterways where farms and settlements are often found along them. Rivers and Waterways
The Family History Library has copies of some records such as:
See also How to order Oregon Vital Records, order electronically online or download an application for Oregon Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Application to mail.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Cannon Beach History Center And Museum
1387 S Spruce St
P O Box 1005
Cannon Beach, Oregon 97110
Family History Centers
Family History Centers provide one-on-one assistance and free access to premium genealogical websites. In addition, many centers have free how-to genealogy classes. See Family History Center for more information. Search the online FHC directory for a nearby family history center.
- Tillamook County, OR History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Oregon Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Oregon Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- The Tillamook County GenWeb Project, part of The ORGenWeb Project
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch FamilySearch Catalog
Tillamook County Oregon Genealogy References
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Tillamook County, Oregon page 574, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- WorldCat 50140092 ▲ FHL Collection Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed.] (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002)