Tived parish, Sweden Genealogy
Guide to Tived parish, Sweden ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Back to Sweden►
- 1 History
- 2 Place Names
- 3 Collections
- 3.1 Census Records
- 3.2 Church Records
- 3.3 Military Records
- 3.4 Related Sources
- 3.5 Help Reading Swedish Records
- 3.6 Help Reading Old Handwriting
- 3.7 Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
- 3.8 References
History(write information such as: how old the parish is, interesting facts about the parish, what alternate names it has, or any boundary changes.)
|Län||1634-1966 Skaraborg, 1967- Örebro|
|Landskap||Västergötland then Närke|
|Militär indelning||add here|
|NAD Ref Code||SE/ULA/11554|
Badstugulandsängen, Baggekärr, Bengtstorp, Bosjötorp, Bråten, Bråttom, Bäckatorp,
Fagerlid, Falla, Fallet, Finnematstorp,
Granhamn, Gräsjön, Grönelid,
Hagalund, Henrikstorp, Holmen, Holmsjötorp, Häggebo (Lilla), Häggebo (Stora), Häggehem (Lilla), Häggehem (Stora),
Karlstorp, Kroksjötorp, Kråkvattnet, Kungsbacken, Källarefallet, Källarefallet (Lilla), Källängen, Kärrefallet, Kättefallet,
Mossfallet, Mosshult, Mosshult (Lilla), Mosshult (Stora), Myrmon,
Samfallet, Sannerud, Sjöfallet, Skallebolet, Skomakaretorp, Skyttatorp, Skytehem, Stensjön, Svenstorp, Sågaretorp, Sävsjöfallet,
Åboholms bruk, Åboholms kvarn,
To see what kind of place it is you will need a Swedish Gazetteer.
- Surrounding Parishes
- Sweden Household Examination Records (Husförhörslängder)--explanation of this church record which is functionally the census of Sweden.
- Sweden Household Examination Books, 1880 - 1920, ($), index and images. Also on Also on Ancestry.com, ($), Arkiv Digital ($), and SVAR ($).
Online Database Church Records
The easiest way to access the Swedish Church Records is through the internet, using these five sites (see links to specific collections below). Four of these sites require a subscription for access. (ArkivDigital, Ancestry.com, and MyHeritage.com are available at a FamilyHistory Center near you free of charge.)
Help Using ArkivDigital: Online Databases for Sweden
- These lessons will teach you how to use ArkivDigital:
Family History Library Records
Click Sweden, Skaraborg Records for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Library, that may be viewed on loan at a Family History Center near you. Click on "Places within Sweden, Skaraborg and then select your parish.
Help Reading Swedish Records
- You do not have to be fluent in Swedish to read these records! The have a limited vocabulary: mother, father, born, bride, groom, married, etc. The rest of the content will be names, dates, and places, which do not need translation.
- This Swedish Word List covers typical terms found in the records.
- Swedish Historical Dictionary Database, SHDD: This interactive dictionary allows you to enter a word in the search box and receive the translation.
- Feast Day Calendar (Moveable) and Feast Day Lists (Fixed and Moveable) will help you translate dates written in feast day form.
- Denmark surnames are patronymic and change every generation, so carefully study Sweden Names, Personal.
- For help with reading the column headings found in more recent records, see Swedish Parish Register and Household Exam Roll Headings.
- Instructions, document examples, and translations are given for Reading Swedish Birth and Christening Records 1717, 1752, 1771, 1792, 1803, 1834, 1854.
Help Reading Old Handwriting
- Reading Scandinavian Gothic Handwritten Records: (free, online lessons at FamilySearch):
Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
Tived, Husförhörslängd 1847-1855, Ortregister
Riksarkivet. "Tived." Nationell ArkivDatabas (NAD). January 2011 <http://www.nad.ra.se/>