Townsend Montana Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Townsend is a city of about 2000 people located on the Missouri River in the southwest corner of the state. Townsend is the county seat of Broadwater County and lies about 35 miles southeast of the capital, Helena. Canyon Ferry Lake is about 5 miles north of town.
The Family History Center is located inside of the Townsend Ward Meetinghouse. The entrance is on the northwest corner of the building, There is ample parking, including reserved handicap spots.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 916 Broadway Townsend MT 59644 United States
- Tuesday:6:00p.m.-9:00p.m. OR by appointment
Holiday Schedule: Closed all major holidays
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions (e.g., Ancestry.com, findmypast.com, MyHeritage.com).
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)