Trallong, Breconshire Genealogy
TRALLONG (TRALLWNG), a parish, in the hundred of Merthyr-Cynog, union and county of Brecknock, South Wales, 5½ miles (W. by N.) from Brecknock. This parish is bounded on the south by the river Usk, and on the east by the Brân. The church, dedicated to St. David, is a plain ancient edifice, about 120 feet long by 20 broad. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists.
Also spelled Trallwng. TRALLONG, a parish in the hundred of Merthyr, county Brecon, 5 miles W. of Brecknock, its post town, on the rivers Usk and Bran. In the vicinity is the British fort called Twyn-y-Gaer. For more information see Trallwng, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 396-405. Adapted. Date accessed: 30 January 2014.