Trefdraeth, Anglesey Genealogy
TRÊVDRAETH (TRÊF-DRAETH), a parish, in the hundred of Malltraeth, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 6 miles (S. W.) from Llangevni. The name of this place signifies "the town on the sands." The church, dedicated to St. Beuno, and supposed to have been originally founded in the year 616, is a small plain edifice, situated at the extreme border of the parish. There are places of worship for Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists.
TREFDRAETH, a parish in the hundred of Maltraeth, county Anglesey, 5 miles from Llangefni, its post town, and 3 N.W. of Newborough. It is situated near Maltraeth sands, and includes the hamlet of Yard. For more information see Trefdraeth, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 29 Aug 2014.