Tregaian, Anglesey Genealogy
TRÊGAYAN (TRÊF-GÎAN, or TRÊF-GAIAN), a parish, partly in the hundred of Menai, partly in that of Tyndaethwy, and partly in that of Malltraeth, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 2½ miles (N. N. W.) from Llangevni. This parish, which derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Caian, is situated nearly in the centre of the island, upon the market-road from Llangevni to Llanerchymedd. The church is simple and primitive in its construction; it measures forty-five feet by fourteen feet and a half, external dimensions, and only eight feet in height to the wall-plate.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 29 Aug 2014.