Bear River Valley Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Bear River Valley Family History Center (formerly the Tremonton-Garland Family History Center) serves patrons in Box Elder County, Utah including the communities of Beaver Dam, Bothwell, Collinston, Deweyville, Elwood, Fielding, Garland, Howell, Park Valley, Plymouth, Portage, Riverside, Snowville, Thatcher/Penrose, and Tremonton. The purpose of the Bear River Valley Family History Center is to assist community members and visitors in researching their family trees through access to genealogical resources, classes, and workshops.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 487 East 900 North, Tremonton, Utah 84337-1049 United States
- Located across the street, south of the Bear River Middle School.
- mail to:email@example.com
- Ronald J Taylor
- Mon., 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
- Tues.thru Fri. 9:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Sat., and Sun. By appointment
2016 Holiday/Closed Schedule:
- Closed New Year's Day (Friday January 1, 2016)
- Closed Martin Luther King Day (Monday January 18, 2016)
- Closed President's Day (Monday February 15, 2016)
- Closed General Conference (Sat/Sun April 2/3, 2016)
- Closed Memorial Day (Monday May 30, 2016)
- Closed Independence Day (Monday July 4, 2016)
- Closed Pioneer Day (Fri/Sat July 24/25, 2016)
- Closed Box Elder County Fair Week (8/22-8/26/2016)
- Closed Labor Day (Friday September 2, 2016 and Monday September 5, 2016)
- Closed General Conference (Sat/Sun October 1/2, 2016)
- Closed Thanksgiving (Wed thru Sat, November 23-26, 2016)
- Closed Christmas/New Year (Wed December 21, 2016 thru Mon January 2, 2017)
Calendar and Events
- Upcoming Events:
Indexing class: Mondays and Fridays 8 AM - 12 noon; 2nd Thursdays of each month 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Staff Quarterly Meeting: May 19, 2016 (7 P.M.), at the Tremonton Utah Stake Center (660 N. 300 E.)
- Staff Quarterly Meeting: November 17, 2016 (7 P.M.), at the Tremonton Utah Stake Center (660 N. 300 E.)
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 23 networked computer workstations with Internet and printer access
- High speed internet
- Wireless Internet access for patron laptops/electronic devices
- 2 b/w laser printers
- 1 color laser printer/scanner/copier
- 1 microfilm reader
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1 canon 300 microfilm/fiche scanner that can print paper copies for a minimal charge or create digital images that can be saved to a flash drive
- 2 flatbed scanners
- Fourteen computer work stations for hands-on use by class members
- Overhead mounted computer projector
- Staff Research Specialties
- (Include sections for any other services your center provides. Add additional sections for those services. See the Bountiful and Chattanooga FHC pages for examples.)
- Resources in the Local Area
- Genealogy Library Center, Inc. Established by Arlene H. Eakle. 62 West Main St., Tremonton, UT 84337. Phone: 435-257-6649
Open Monday-Friday 1:00pm-4:00pm by appointment. List of collections.
- (This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
- (Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
- Volunteer at the Center
- We are currently looking for volunteers to help staff the center for four-hour shifts. If interested, please call Bro. Ronald Taylor at 435-230-4171