Trunch, Norfolk Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
TRUNCH (St. Botolph), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of North Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (N. by E.) from North Walsham. There is a place of worship forWesleyans. 
Trunch Saint Botolph is an Ancient parish in the Repps deanery of the Diocese of Norwich. This is the largest of the villages between North Walsham and the sea....to learn more of this church, visit Norfolk Churches.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trunch, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Trunch, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held at the Family History Library.
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
| Baptisms, marriages and burials 1725-1812
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526817 Item 7
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438853.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Trunch on GenUKI
- Trunch benefice
- Trunch Contains history and images.
- Church of St Botolph Trunch on British Listed Buildings
- British History online
- Trunch on Literary Norfolk. Contains info on Kipper family.
- Trunch on Norfolk Churches
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp.395-398 Date accessed: 29 July 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 14 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.