Tucker Georgia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- Location Map: Location Map
- Address: 1947 Brockett Road, Tucker, GA 30084
- Free Parking is available at this building.
- Phone: 770-934-4343
- Email: GA_Tucker@ldsmail.net
- TFHC-center (contact for Questions):
- Sharon Musgrove (Phone: 770-490-3732).
- Wednesday: 10:00am-1:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am-1:00pm
Exceptions to regular hours
Please call the center before coming to see if open. The center is volunteered run. Volunteers have unexpected family commitment or illness, therefore we sometimes have to close the center.
We are closed every year during these dates:
- April: the first Saturday in April, for General Conference
- October: the first Saturday in October, for General Conference
- November: the last week in November that has a Thursday, for the Thanksgiving holiday
- December: the last two weeks in December, for the Christmas and New Year holidays
We are also closed during severe weather. That includes severe thunder and lightening storms, as well as Tornado and Winter Storm Watches. If the Public School system are closed, we are also closed.
Types of resources available
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: -- We have a number of sources on paper at our center, including the complete set: War of the Rebellion, Official Records of the Union & Confederate Armies (Civil War), compiled by the National Historical Society.
Databases and software
On the computers inside this center, you can freely access many premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. The FHC Portal page explains access details and gives a list of the current premium sites.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers: we have three computers with access to the FHC databases, one of which can also scan microfilm images to either a USB drive or to our printer.
- Printer: we have one printer.
- Microfilm and fiche readers: Across the hallway from our print resources and computers, we have room with multiple readers.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers from the community to help serve in the Family History Center. It's a great way to help others and to learn by doing. You need not be an expert. Ability to use a computer and willingness to become familiar with the FamilySearch website and resources are key. Contact the Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - center at the telephone or e-mail listed above for more information.