Tulsa Oklahoma East Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 2016 Family History Conference
- 4 Staff Training Meetings
- 5 Center Resources
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 12110 E Seventh St Tulsa, OK 74128
- Entrance to the center is located on the southwest corner of the building. If the doors are locked, press the button on the intercom box located next to the door. The entrance to the building is wheelchair accessible.
FHC Director: Cathy Hall - 1-918-258-4684
- Assistant Directors: Janice Thesenvitz
- Tuesday: 9:00am-1:00pm and 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-1:00pm and 5:00pm-8:00pm
- 2nd and 4th - Saturday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Closed: Memorial Day Weekend.
- Thanksgiving Weekend.
- Christmas till January.
- In the event of severe weather the center will be closed. It is always a good idea to call ahead to be certain that someone is there.
Calendar and Events
2016 Family History Conference
Additional Educational Opportunities
Educational Opportunities are offered at the center. Classes are open to anyone interested in attending at no charge. There are 4 computers available for use at the center. However, you may wish to bring your own laptop or other mobile device as the availability of center computers depends on class size and/or patrons researching during that time. Wifi is available.
2015 Family History Conference
To view or download handouts from the Celebrate Your Family History Event click here: Celebrate Your Family History
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to receive and view any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 computers for the use of patrons; 1 microfiche reader; several microfilm readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
1. Tulsa Genealogical Society Tulsa, OK 74101-0585
The TGS Research Library Collection is now housed at NSU-BA located at 3100 South New Orleans (also known as East 101st Street) in Broken Arrow. Hours can be accessed here: library.nsuok.edu/Admin/libhrs.html
Monthly meetings are now held at the Tulsa City County Literacy Outreach Center on the third Monday. The Outreach Center is located at 2901 South Harvard (entrance & parking at the rear of the building; accessed from 29th street) in Tulsa, OK. Hospitality begins at 6:00pm and the scheduled program for the evening begins at 6:30pm. TGS Website: www.tulsagenealogy.org/
2. Tulsa City County Library Genealogy Center (located in the Hardesty Regional Branch of the Library) 8316 E. 93rd ST
Tulsa, OK 74133
Manager/Coordinator: Kathy Huber
Monday through Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)