United States, Church Records of the Apostolic Christian Church
Back to United States Church Records
Sometimes church records of the Apostolic Christian Church were kept in the individual churches and sometimes in the homes of the ministers. Past records may still be at the churches, with the present ministers, at a local historical or genealogical society, or they may have been deposited in the main archive of this denomination.
What You Are Looking For
Records of the Apostolic Christian Church.
The following 2 steps will help you find information from Apostolic Christian Church records.
Step 1. Choose which church or archive to contact.
To request information, contact the:
- Apostolic Christian Church in your ancestor's area. For sources with addresses and other information, see Tip 1.
- Apostolic Christian Church. For the address and other information, see Where to Find It.
Step 2. Contact the clerk or minister.
Request that the church's records be searched. Tell them what you would like them to look for, such as marriage information.
Be sure to give as much of the following information about your ancestor as possible:
- Dates your ancestor lived in the area.
- Dates of birth or baptism, marriage, and death or burial (if they occurred in that area).
- Names of parents, siblings, spouse, or children.
Ask if there is a fee for the search, or if you should send a contribution. When you send the fee or contribution, also send a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Tip 1. How else could I find the address of
my ancestor's church?
The following book has addresses, phone numbers, and so forth for individual churches:
Melton, J. Gordon, ed. National Directory of Churches, Synagogues, and Other Houses of Worship also available at many public libraries.
The following links may help you find sites with church addresses, photographs, background information, records, and catalogs.
Contact the public library or the historical society in the area where your ancestor lived. Ask them if they have the address of the Catholic Apostolic Church in that area or if they know where the records are now kept.
You can find addresses and phone numbers for:
- Town, county, and college libraries in the American Library Directory.
- Historical societies in the Directory of Historical Organizations in the United States and Canada.
These books are also available at many public and college libraries.
Where to Find It
The records are available at local congregations or the following location:
Apostolic Christian Church 3420 N. Sheridan Rd. Peoria IL 61604 Tel.: 419-393-2621 (media contact) Tel.: 309-693-6688 or 309-243-7750