Upper Shuckburgh, Warwickshire Genealogy
|Upper Shuckburgh, Warwickshire|
|Poor Law Union||Southam|
|Parish registers: 1757|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1672|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory) Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Warwickshire County Record Office|
Suckburgh or Shuckburgh (Lower and Upper), are two parishes in Southam district, Warwickshire; 4½ miles W of Daventry railway station. The post town is, Daventry.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464177.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72, Date accessed and adapted: 11 November 2013.