Upton Priory, near Macclesfield, Cheshire Genealogy
Upton Priory, Church of the Resurrection was founded in 1964 as a chapelry to Prestbury Ancient parish. It became a parish church in 1964 within the Macclesfield deanery of the Diocese of Chester.
Upton was one of the ancient townships of Prestbury from pre Norman times.
Prestbury, St. Peter (C of E). The ancient parish church for Upton.
Upton Priory, Church of the Resurrection (C of E). Founded 1964 as a chapel to Prestbury, becoming the parish church for Upton in 1968. Registers of Baptisms from 1964, and Marriages from 1969 have been deposited at the Cheshire Record Office
Poor Law Unions
- Macclesfield (1837–1937)
- Cheshire East
Registration events can be searched online at Cheshire BMD