Uruguay, Civil Registration Index Cards (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Title in the Language of the Record
Tarjetas de índice, Registro Civil, Uruguay
What is in the Collection?
This collection includes the national index of the civil registration books of birth, marriage, and death from all the departments in Uruguay from 1900 to 1937. This index was created from index cards created by the Dirección General del Registro del Estado Civil from the original books.
Most birth records may include the following information:
- Place and date of registration
- Place, date, and time of birth
- Name of the newborn
- Names of the parents (maiden name of the mother)
- Parents’ places of origin or residence
- Occupation of the father
- Names of the grandparents
Most marriage records may include the following information:
- Place and date of marriage
- Names and ages of the groom and bride
- Civil statuses, places of origin, and residences of the groom and bride
- Parents’ names, places of origin, and sometimes marital status
- Sometimes the names of the grandparents
- Witnesses’ names
Most death records may include the following information:
- Place and date of death
- Name of the deceased
- Cause of death
- Occupation, residence, and age of the deceased
- Sometimes the parents’ names
- Burial place
How Do I Search the Collection?
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to find your ancestor.
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- “Uruguay, Civil Registration Index Cards, 1900-1937.” Index and Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Registro Civil.
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):