User:AdkinsWH/Sandbox Utah Church Frisco
Note: Unless otherwise noted, all information on this page came from Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church]. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941)., p 269-70. Online through BYU Books. (Free) Text searchable.
Consisting of mining towns of Frisco and Grampton. Frisco located in San Francisco mountains 17 miles northwest of Milford and 51 miles northwest of Beaver.
It is the terminus of a branch of the Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad. The town depended upon the Horn Silver Mine.
In 1940, Beaver Stake contained all wards and branches located in Beaver County.
- 1881, June 27. Organized as a branch.
- 1882, March. 36 people belonged to the branch. "It seems that this first branch organization was not continued...."
- 1897, April 25. Reorganized. They met alternately at the school house in Frisco and the hall at Grampton.
- 1905, January 22. Frisco was organized as a ward.
- 1911. The mines were closed and most of the saints moved away. Those that remained were transferred to Milford Ward.
Other History Resources Found