User:Batsondl/Sandbox Options C and B
Kentucky Research: Finding Death Information
1852 to Present
County governments sporadically recorded deaths in Kentucky during from 1852 to 1910. The Kentucky state government began recording death certificates in 1911.
Index and Digital Images
- 1852-1953 Kentucky, Death Records - ($), incomplete for some counties
Microfilm copy of Original
If you do not have access to Ancestry.com, these records are also available on microfilm through FamilySearch. They are cataloged as Vital records in the pertinent county in the Family History Library Catalog Place Search, for example, Kentucky, Butler - Vital records.
Ordering Certificates - 1911 to the Present
You can order a copy of the death certificate from the Kentucky Department for Public Health for a fee of $6.00. Visit their website to obtain contact information.
1700s to 1851
No official death records were kept by Kentucky state or county governments during this period. To find death information on persons who died during these years, try the various alternative record types listed in the Kentucky Record Selection Table under "Death information."
For more recent years (1954-present), check the Social Security Death Index (see below), or order a copy of the death certificate from the Kentucky Department for Public Health for a fee of $6.00.
Another valuable source for persons who died in Kentucky between the 1960s and the present is the Social Security Death Index, which is available on FamilySearch.org - free.
If you do not find the person you are looking for, try the various alternative record types listed in the Kentucky Record Selection Table under "Death information."
Cemeteries - Sumner County, Tennessee
Published Records Not Online
History - Evanston, Cook County, Illinois
Online Digital Books
- A Classic Town:the Story of Evanston (Google Books)
- Evanston's Yesterdays:Stories of Early Evanston and Sketches of Some of its Pioneers (Internet Archive)
- Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois: history of Evanston (FamilySearch Family History Books)
Vital Records - Ohio
- 1908-1953 Ohio Deaths (FamilySearch.org) Free. You must have a FamilySearch account and be logged in to view images.
- 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007 Ohio, Death Index (FamilySearch.org) Free. Index only. Use death certificate number to order original record through the Ohio History Store ($).
- 1913-1944 Ohio Death Certificate Index (Ohio Historical Society) Free index. Search by county and timeframe. Order originals through the Ohio History Store ($).
- 1810-present Ohio Obituary Index (Rutherford B. Hays Presidential Center) Free. Order actual obituary from partner libraries. ($)