From FamilySearch Wiki
- 1 Harriet "Hart" Hoffman
- 2 Genealogist, Author, and Lecturer
- 3 Contact
- 4 Past and Present Accomplishments
Harriet "Hart" Hoffman
Genealogist, Author, and Lecturer
She promotes and encourages families to: Find them...Write their stories...Leave a Legacy
- Hart specializes in Jewish European and Eastern European genealogy as well as Hawaii research, where she has lived for thirty years.
- She has edited, appended and republished, in bilinqual format, the Yiddish book, Collected Writings, published in 1919 in Winnipeg, Canada, and saved by the Yiddish Book Center in Amherst, MA. It is a real treasure about Jewish life in the Western Canadian prairies, and the work is a model of how to prepare and publish literary workds discovered during genealogical research. It is also useful in Jewish/Yiddish studies programs.
- Hart, in the near future, will be posting information to help researchers navigate the Hawaii system.
- She will also give ideas of what your family books should include and could look like.
Genealogy…from the Hart
Honolulu, HI 96825
Past and Present Accomplishments
- Hawaii representative for Global Alliance of Genealogy Professionals
- Member of the Association of Professional Genealogists
- Registered Nurse
- Optometric Assistant. Created, designed and managed first upscale optical shop In Hawaii.
- President Koko Marina Merchants Association
- Owner of Specs, plus...: manufacturer’s representative and distributor business for fashion eyewear and related products.
- BYU, Provo: Intensive two-week genealogy course
- Member of Ancestry’s Expert Connect Program: 5 star rating
- Treasurer Honolulu County Genealogical Society
- Cemetery Indexing Project Langenschwarz, Germany
- Attends annual International Genealogical Conferences
- Author: 3 family histories
- Editor: Collected Writings (Yiddish/English side-by-side presentation)