I live in Provo, Utah and presently serve as a missionary at the BYU Family History Library. I work with patrons and teach classes. I also serve on the Board of Directors of the Utah Genealogical Association.
In 1979, I moved to Mesa from Scottsdale, Arizona. I was employed as a trial attorney for 39 years but am now fully retired. From 1982 to approximately 1993, I owned and operated an Apple computer store in Mesa. I also was part owner of a Macintosh software development company.
I have been involved in genealogical research for approximately 32 years, with most of my research in the U.S. and Denmark.
I have been constantly involved in scanning family history documents, primarily from my family, for the past 20 years or so.
I am very much involved in writing, most of which is either work or Blog related. You can read my current Blog posts on the following websites:
I have been involved in photography since I was about 10 years old. You can see a huge selection of my photographs in current posts and older posts on the following website:
I was also been involved in a graphics design and website development company for over 30 years. The business is now run primarily by my wife and is called Bookmark Graphics.
- B.A. Spanish, University of Utah
- M.A. Linguistics, University of Utah
- J.D. Law, Arizona State University
I have Arizona Community College Certificates in Spanish, Computer Information Systems and Law.
I have been involved with the Boy Scouts of America in some capacity or another for the past 25 years or so.
James L. Tanner
1382 E. 2300 North, Provo, Utah 84604
Bibliography of Publications
- Miller, Wick R., James L. Tanner, and Lawrence P. Foley. 1971. "A Lexicostatistic Study of Shoshoni Dialects". Anthropological Linguistics. 13, no. 4: 142-164. WorldCat 482259211
- Miller, Wick R. A Lexicostatistic Study of Shoshoni Dialects. Languages and Cultures of Western North America. 1971. WorldCat 166143925
- Graham, John K., and James L. Tanner. Curing Residential Real Estate Title Defects. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2006. WorldCat 71837158
- Lotardo, John T., Patricia A. Premeau, and James L. Tanner. How to Obtain Good Title in Arizona Real Estate Transactions. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2006. WorldCat 68194548
- Anderson, Robert G., Patricia A. Premeau, and James L. Tanner. Resolving Real Estate Title Defects. Eau Claire, Wis: National Business Institute, 2006. WorldCat 77524081
- Graham, John K., and James L. Tanner. Recognizing and Curing Arizona Real Estate Title Problems. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2005. WorldCat 61325582
- Anderson, Robert G., Patricia A. Premeau, and James L. Tanner. Arizona Real Estate Title: Identifying Defects and Finding Solutions. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2005. ((WorldCat|62880281}}
- Jones, Mack T., and James L. Tanner. Premises Liability: Preparation and Trial of a Difficult Case in Arizona. Eau Clair, WI: NBI, Inc, 2002. WorldCat 56762901
- Tanner, James L., The Guide to FamilySearch Online, Mesa, Arizona Bookmark Graphics, 2011.