My Genealogy Research Tricks
After years of awesome experience, I can tell you I have made ALL the mistakes. Therefore, I will now teach you how to do the same... er... no, to avoid all my mistakes.
- Mistake: assume a surname can only be spelled ONE way - your way!
- Mistake: don't copy down the source information of your awesome find.
This is another way to make a bullet:
- Make a bullet using the bullet insert box above.
- Make a bullet using the * on your keyboard. This is another bullet-ala-*
More Supreme Wisdom
Great information and records are available on Ancestry.com which is a pay site or is available at the Family History Library or some public libraries.
There are many other very useful websites for family history research. Here are a few of them:
- USgenweb.org provides free research information for every county and every state of the United States.
- FamilySearchPilot leads you to millions of records available online.