Magnus Sälgö Stockholm. Sweden. I have a background working with IT (programming and design) and are also interested in genealogy. I am interested in taking part of and develop this Wiki with information about swedish genealogy - special parish information.....
We started to add valuable external resources at wikitree but I feel the wikitree site is not used to develop pages using templates etc....So I am interested in see what we can do at familysearch. As I feel using templates is the core of developing wiki pages.... I like what I have seen so far at Family Search and maybe I can add value....
You run a later version of Wikimedia and have also start using the Visual Editor whch I hope is a key factor to get "normal" people start adding information....
The project I started at Wikitree see project description.
Example of a category page for Asarum (K) in Blekinge. The interesting concept is that we have 3 different levels
- One Sweden level Free Space page SPC_Header
- One county page ex. SPC-K
- And the parish page Asarum (K) that is a Category page
- I started to add boilerplates for all external sources and also User stories
Today we have just external links using templates on a parish page and then we connect user profiles that belongs to this parish.
- Adding more templates to support external resources like
- Add more navigational boxes as Family Search has you have Template:Sweden
- See if we can do something like the Infobox_Swedish_Parishes approach you have
Areas of Specialty
- Swedish Research
- IT developer
Has been doing wiki at Wikitree but are interesting to participate also at FamilySearch helping with Swedish parishes
E - Mail
Dont hesitate to contact me if you think I can add value and maybe we can have a webhangout....