The Welcoming Committee is here to support you and offer you a warm welcome to a Community that loves Family History. Thank you for your article "Labette County, Kansas". We thank you for your contributions! Please continue editing and consider joining in Projects Seeking Contributors or a live Community Meeting where you may meet other experienced users and contributors.
This message is posted on your Talk Page which is associated with your personal User Page. Try creating a User Page about yourself by clicking on your name under "Personal Tools" at the bottom of the navigation bar. It's a great place to practice new skills and lets others know something about you and your genealogical interests. We hope you like this place and decide to join in.
Here are a few pages you may find helpful:
- Take a Wiki Tour.
- Learn to Search for Articles.
- Connect with others at the Community Center for the Wiki.
- Review the Guiding Principles of FamilySearch Wiki.
- Find out which topics are within the wiki's scope.
- Learn how to Help:Edit and Contribute.
You may find additional editing and technical assistance from experienced contributors in the FamilySearch Forums. Please sign your name only on discussion/talk pages. If you need personal assistance, feel free to contact Welcoming Committee Members.
Again, welcome! Vlfunk 23:22, 14 May 2011 (UTC)
Hello! Thank you so much for your contributions to the FamilySearch Wiki. We are pleased to share a series of seven weekly lessons that you may take at your convenience. They are designed to help you get comfortable using the Wiki. We have shared the lessons below:
Create Your User Page:
Create Your Sandbox:
Lesson 3. Join the Community:
You are invited to join the weekly Wiki Contributor's Meeting
- Join the Research Wiki Group on Yammer. Request an invitation to join: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesson 4. Talk to another contributor:
- Click on the "History" tab of a Wiki locality or topic page to find contributors. Click on the "Talk" link and introduce yourself or leave a message for that contributor.
- Introduce yourself in the Research Wiki Group on Yammer.
Lesson 5. Add a volunteer userbox to your user page.
Lesson 6. Set your preferences.
Lesson 7. Watch your favorite pages
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Marilynbgardner49 12:21, 8 March 2015 (UTC)