Welcome to the FamilySearch Research Wiki! We thank you for your contributions! Please continue editing and consider joining one of the Projects Seeking Contributors or participate in a live Community Meeting where you will meet other experienced contributors.
This message is posted on your talk page which is associated with your personal user page. We invite you to create your User Page so that others in the community can get to know you better and what you are working on in the Wiki. Learn more about creating your user page.
Your user page is also a great place to practice new skills and lets others know something about you and your genealogical interests. We hope you like this place and decide to join in.
Here are a few pages you may find helpful:
- Take a Wiki Tour.
- Learn to search for articles.
- Connect with others at the Community Center for the Wiki.
- Review the Guiding Principles of FamilySearch Wiki.
- Find out which topics are within the wiki's scope.
- Review the Contributor Help.
Again, welcome! Parrisl 19:26, 15 July 2013 (UTC)
I am one of the Trainers and Mentors. We can talk on skype, use Yammer or go on Webex and go over the Wiki. Sandralpond 19:47, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
New Contributor Lessons
Hello! Thank you so much for your contributions to the FamilySearch Wiki. We are pleased to share a series of seven weekly lessons that you may take at your convenience. They are designed to help you get comfortable using the Wiki. We have shared the first two lessons below:
Create Your User Page:
Create Your Sandbox:
Lesson 3. Join the Community:
You are invited to join the weekly Wiki Contributor's Meeting
- Join the Research Wiki Group on Yammer. Request an invitation to join: email@example.com
Lesson 4. Talk to another contributor:
- Click on the "History" tab of a Wiki locality or topic page to find contributors. Click on the "Talk" link and introduce yourself or leave a message for that contributor.
- Introduce yourself in the Research Wiki Group on Yammer.
Lesson 5. Add a volunteer userbox to your user page.
Lesson 6. Set your preferences.
Lesson 7. Watch your favorite pages
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Marilynbgardner49 19:49, 4 September 2014 (UTC)