- Please post new messages at the bottom of the page to prevent confusion.
- Please sign your comments. Type
after your text.
- Please use section headings to separate conversation topics.
Again Thank you for all the work on the links. Sandralpond 22:16, 20 July 2015 (UTC)
Restoration of the Dona Ana, Arizona page
On the Family Search Wiki, I see where you have removed and deleted the Dona Ana, AZ article. Two years ago I was just about to do the same thing. In those days the text of that article said it was a proposed county that was never organized. In my mind that meant it a fictitious county that never had a government and therefore no records were collected. But when I checked into it, I found the story had been reported wrongly.
In 1860, the southern half of New Mexico territory declared itself a separate territory and called itself Arizona. This Arizona territory set up a territorial government and 4 counties. Those counties were Castle Dome, Ewell, Dona Ana and Messilla. Presumably county governments were also setup, and that would mean records were collected. Unfortunately this Arizona territory sided with the Confederacy and by June 1862 it was taken over by the Union and disbanded.
Dona Ana, AZ is more than a historical footnote, there may be records made by that short lived county which still exist. Unfortunately I don’t know where they are, but maybe someone does. That is why I left that article in the Family Search Wiki. In the future, maybe the location of those records might be found. That would be a boon to genealogy.
As you can see from the above, the Dona Ana county in that short lived Arizona territory is NOT the same county as Dona Ana county in New Mexico. And that short lived Arizona territory is NOT the same as the Arizona territory created in 1863 and became a state in 1912.
For me, the Family Search Wiki should be the place where you learn about where records may be found. That is why I would really appreciate it if you would reinstate that Dona Ana, AZ article. Sabwoo 21:01, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- I picked up the same response to me and am working it and have notified the contributor. S. Birdsong, Wiki Support Team 22:49, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- OOPS, no, I'm not. I did the delete but now that I reviewed the background I realize you're the best person to handle this as you have been very involved with this subject. As has Sabwoo. I let him know I'm backing out of the discussion. S. Birdsong, Wiki Support Team 01:58, 6 February 2016 (UTC)
- The page has been restored. Parrisl 08:24, 6 February 2016 (UTC)
The above misunderstanding has been resolved to my satisfaction. The article was not removed, but renamed and then not linked in. I have linked it in place of the original article. I withdraw any desire for further action. Sabwoo 01:41, 11 February 2016 (UTC)
Lavera, I am working on categorizing pages. In the process, I came across several Ivory Coast pages you have recently started. Is this an ongoing project of yours? I hate to mess up something you are working on. --- Sister Cheryl England (clutterbug51)
- I am not working of Categories so make any changes necessary. Parrisl (talk) 16:42, 3 August 2016 (UTC)