- Please post new messages at the bottom of the page to prevent confusion.
- Please sign your comments. Type
after your text.
- Please use section headings to separate conversation topics.
Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I am still setting up shop. How can I be of assistance to you? Add a new topic if your question does not fit under a topic below.
SavingStories 01:29, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
Moderator Feedback & Questions
- Robin I will be unable to attend the meeting Thursday at 1:00 as I'm committed with appointments at work. Will the meeting be recorded? I would like to keep up with the news. Thank you so much! Familyjournals 22:45, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
You are welcome! Yes, it will be recorded. Thanks for your reply! 31 May 2013
- Robin, I will try to attend but I have an early meeting that day and it might go overtime. I too would like to hear the recording if I can't attend. I have 'listened in' to a couple of meetings. I thought there were some notes to be posted?
Here's one question - are these 'Local Histories...at BYU Digital Archives' pages to be updated? For example, Local Histories of the United States on BYU Digital Archives, Pennsylvania - South Dakota. The books are now in the FamilySearch digital books, I believe, at least the ones I looked at.
MDianeRogers 2 June 2013
Contributor Feedback & Questions
The following questions could be asked to help evaluate if they are capable to fill the role:
- User name
- Why does the contributor need Reviewer rights?
- What have they contributed to the Wiki?
Look at the page. You can change the size by going into wilitext and the just change the width and length numbers. Have a great time. Sandralpond 17:30, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
- Watch your topic or locality pages. Watching a page - Moderators monitor their topic or locality page and every page linked to it. Moderators watch for recent changes to articles so that they
- Create your User page. See User pages and preferences.
- Set preferences as a moderator (note: we need to edit preferences article for moderators).
- Join a Moderator and Contributor Community. See Yammer.
- Connect with other and contributors by checking the history of the pages you are watching.
- Post a message to someone's Talk page. See Talk pages.
- Create an article in your Sandbox. See Practice editing in your Sandbox.
Hi, Robin, I have finished listing which states have sidebars in the google doc. Each one that is a real sidebar has also been categorized to "Sidebar templates" Please let Drew know. I probably will not make it to the meetings Thursday -- surgery for my brother, unless it gets postponed. AdkinsWH 21:02, 15 October 2013 (UTC)
Presenting at Contributors Meeting?
Hi, Robin, Are you willing to be a guest presenter at the Thursday (1p.m. Mountain) Contributors Meeting? I sent an email to your FamilySearch account a couple of weeks ago, asking for this coming Thursday. Since I haven’t heard from you, this is probably too short of notice.
My interest is in “mining” the Internet for treasures that should be linked to from the Wiki. You presented a long time ago about Archives.net, but I need tricks on how to find things in it.
You of course know of other sites to be mined. I'm quite out of the loop on this skill now. But not Linkpendium and CyndisList, as they make their “living” gathering links – I don’t want to steal from their efforts.
How can we learn to “mine” great sites ourselves? Is that a topic you would like to present? Or can you suggest something else you would like to present?
Dates available: July 17, or all of August except the 7th.
Sure hope you are willing, Robin. I highly value you and your expertise.AdkinsWH 13:23, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
I noticed you had some input helping someone on the PRF talk page. Are you aware on the current PRF upload links? See my comments at: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Talk:Submitting_to_the_Pedigree_Resource_File
Thank you for any help getting the article fixed.
Jrcrin001 16:15, 6 October 2014 (UTC)
- Never mind. When researching the PRF it was just as easy to update and fix the primary article which made the supporting Submitting ... no longer relevant. Thanks anyway! Jrcrin001 18:32, 6 October 2014 (UTC)