Utah, Utah County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Utah, Utah County Records, 1850-1962 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Utah, Utah, United States|
|Flag of Utah|
|Location of Utah County, Utah|
|Location of Utah|
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 What Can this Collection Tell Me?
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citations for This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in the Collection?
The collection contains images of naturalization, land and death records located at the Utah County Records Center in Spanish Fork. This collection is being published as images become available. The collection covers the years 1850 to 1962.
To see a coverage map of FamilySearch's holdings of Utah marriages click here.
Many of these volumes have indexes at the beginning or end. You should search these first. If your ancestor is in the index download a copy or write down the page numbers listed for your ancestor. You can then quickly turn to those pages.
What Can this Collection Tell Me?
The details of the records may vary, depending upon the record type. You may find any of the following:
- Names of interested parties
- Event dates
- Event places
- Names of witnesses
- Names of family members and their relationships
- Names of heirs
- Name of the executor, administrator, or guardian
- Color, race or nativity
- Name of informant
- Property transaction details
- Immigration information
How Do I Search the Collection?
To begin your search it is helpful to know the following:
- The approximate date the event occurred
- The name of the primary individual or individuals
- Other identifying information such as age or residence.
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links: ⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page ⇒Select the "Type of Record" ⇒Select the appropriate "Record Type, Record Description and Year Range" which takes you to the images.
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. The information may also lead you to other records about your ancestors.
I Found Who I'm Looking for, What Now?
- Use probate records to identify heirs and relatives.
- Use the information in the probate record to substitute for civil birth and death records since the probates exist for an earlier time period.
- Use the marriage date and place as the basis for compiling a new family group or for verifying existing information.
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth of each partner to find a couple's birth records and parents' names.
- Use the residence and names of the parents to locate census, church, and land records.
- Use the occupations listed to find other types of records such as employment records or military records.
- Use the parents' birth places to find former residences and to establish a migration pattern for the family.
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking for, What Now?
If you do not find your ancestor in the index, look at each image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
Citations for This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Utah, Utah County Records,1856-1962" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Utah County Records Center, Spanish Fork.
|The image citation is available by clicking on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Utah, Utah County Records, 1850-1962.|
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.