Ventura California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Ventura Family history center
- 2 Center Contacts and Hours
- 3 Calendar and Events
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Center Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
- 7 Links
- 8 Volunteer at the Center
Ventura Family history center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 3501 Loma Vista Road Ventura, CA 93003 United States
- Location Map
- Web page:
- Entrance is on the west side of building, ring doobell if door is locked.
- Tuesdays 10 am to 5pm
- Wednesdays 6:30 - 8:30pm
- Thursdays 10 am to 5 pm
- Not open on Holidays.
- Closed month of August
- Closed last 2 weeks in December
- Closed Thanksgiving week
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events: Genealogy Clases https://sites.google.com/site/vfhlibrary/just-in/genealogyclass
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Catalog of films, fiche, books etc on hand in the center is available on line. See "Links" below.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment: 11 new computers, 3 new printers, 2 film readers, 1 Fiche reader, 1 Minolta reader/printer, card reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Ventura County Genealogical Society meets at the Camarillo Library 1-4 PM the third Saturday each month. See their website www.venturacogensoc.org
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Ventura FH Center website: http://sites.google.com/site/vfhlibrary Includes catalog of films, books, etc.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Volunteers needed and invited for 4 hour shifts on a regular basis each week. Phone Amily Houlberg, Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - Center 805-320-5673