Vermont, United States Genealogy
United States Vermont
|Vermont Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Vermont ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Vermont is a state in the northeast region of the United States. It is divided into 14 counties
Getting Started with Vermont Research
Links to articles on getting started with Vermont research.
Vermont Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Vermont research.
Vermont Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Vermont Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Vermont genealogy sites on the internet
- Vermont Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Vermont
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Vermont
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Vermont genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Vermont
- Vermont Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- County Creation Dates and Divisions showing dates they were created or renamed and counties created from older counties.