Virginia's Fluvanna Light Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Formed in November, 1862, by consolidating Holman's-Huckstep's and Cocke's-Ancell's Batteries.
- The unit served in W. Nelson's Battalion and fought with the Army of Northern Virginia from Fredericksburg to Cold Harbor.
- Later it moved with Early to the Shenandoah Valley and was active around Appomattox.
- Twelve percent of the 90 men engaged at Gettysburg were disabled and at the surrender in April, 1865, none were present.
- Captains were John L. Massie and Charles G. Snead.
- AKA - Huckstep's Company, Virginia Light Artillery
- Organized by the consolidation of the Fluvanna Artillery No. 1 and No. 2 batteries on October 4, 1862.
- AKA - Snead's Company, Virginia Light Artillery