Virginia's Fredericksburg Light Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in June, 1861
- After serving in the Aquia District, it was assigned to R. L. Walker's, W. J. Pegram's, and M. Johnson's Battalion of Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia.
- The unit saw action from Williamsburg to Cold Harbor, was involved in the operations against Petersburg and Richmond, then took part in the Appomattox Campaign.
- Two men of the 71 engaged at Gettysburg were disabled.
- In April, 1865, 1 officer and 75 men surrendered.
- Captains Carter Braxton and Edward A. Marye were in command.
- AKA - Pollock's Company, Virginia Light Artillery
- 2nd organization - AKA - Curtis' Company, Virginia Artillery
men recruited in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
- Pollock's Company
- Curtis' Company