Virginia's Goochland Light Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in May, 1861, with men recruited in Goochland County.
- Serving in western Virginia it fought at Carnifax Ferry, then moved to Tennessee. Here the company was captured at Fort Donelson in February, 1862
- When exchanged, it returned to Virginia and was assigned to the Department of Richmond.
- The battery served as heavy artillery at Chaffin's Bluff until February, 1864, when it was converted to infantry.
- During March or April the unit was broken up.
- Captains John H. Guy and Jonathan Talley were in command.