Virginia's James City Light Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized as infantry during the summer of 1861 and became Company H of the 32nd Virginia Infantry.
- Later it was transferred to the 1st Regiment Virginia Artillery as Company B.
- The unit fought in the Seven Days' Battles, then transferred to the Department of Richmond and later took part in the operations against Petersburg.
- Early in 1865 the battery ceased to exist, but 2 of its members surrendered at Appomattox.
- Captains Alex Hankins and Lucien W. Richardson were in command.
- AKA - Richardson's Company, Virginia Artillery