Virginia's Williamsburg Light Artillery

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Brief History

  • Formed in May 1861
  • It served at Yorktown with 50 men, and for a time was assigned to the 1st Regiment Virginia Artillery.
  • The battery was active from Williamsburg to Sharpsburg, then in October 1862, disbanded.
  • Its members were transferred to other Virginia artillery companies.
  • Captains John A. Coke and William R. Garrett.

Companies

men from James City County

Roster