Virginia's Johnson Heavy Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in September 1861
- Reorganized in 1862 under the same captain, the unit was stationed for some time at Drewry's Bluff attached to F. W. Smith's Battalion.
- During February 1864, it was serving as infantry and in May belonged to Ransom's Brigade in the Richmond and Petersburg lines.
- On April 9, 1865, it surrendered with the Army of Northern Virginia.
- Captain Branch J. Epes was in command.
- AKA - Epes' Company, Virginia Heavy Artillery
- men from Dinwiddie County