From FamilySearch Wiki
- [Byrd] Vermont, E. de V. America Heraldica - A Compilation of Coats of Arms, Crests and Mottoes of Prominent American Families Settled in This Country Before 1800. New York: The America Heraldica Publishing Association, 1889. Pages 142-143. Digital version at Internet Archive.
- [Byrd] Browning, C.H. Americans of Royal Descent. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Porter & Coates, 1891. Pages 183-187, 333. Digital version at Google Books.
- [Byrd] Browning, C.H. Some Colonial Dames of Royal Descent. Philadelphia, Pa., 1900. Pages 54-57. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Byrd] Du Bellet, Louise Pecquet. Some Prominent Virginia Families. Lynchburg, Va., 1907. Volume 2 and Volume 4 are online.
- [Byrd] Lancaster, Robert A. Historic Virginia Homes and Churches. Philadelphia and London: J.B. Lippincott Company, 1915. Pages 78-85. Digital version at Internet Archive.
- [Byrd] Bassett, John Spencer. The Writings of Colonel William Byrd of Westover in Virginia, Esqr. New York, 1901. Digital version at Internet Archive.