Wentworth's Location, New Hampshire
Wentworth's Location is an extinct town. It is now an unincorporated territory (township) first organized in 1797 in Grafton County, but since 1803 set off into Coös County, New Hampshire. In 2010 it had a relatively low population of 33.
In 1797 the land was sold to George Wentworth of Portsmouth. It was an unorganized plantation from 1797–1881. Wentworth's Location was then incorporated into a town from 1881 to 1966, when it became a township.
Records. Births 1877-1898, marriages 1856-1947, and deaths 1885-1939 of Wentworth's Location are preserved by the Errol, New Hampshire town clerk. Also, a microfilm copy is available from the Family History Library on FHL film 0626273.
- Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 278. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- Wentworth's Location, New Hampshire in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia (accessed 27 May 2013).