West Florida Genealogical Society
|West Florida Genealogical Society|
|Motto||”Preserving the Past, Enriching the Future”|
|Address||P.O. Box 0947, Pensacola, FL 32591-0947|
|Day of Meeting||First Saturday of the month except July|
|Time of Meeting||10:00 am - doors open at 9 am for visiting|
- West Florida Footprints No. 1 1984 - No. 32 2011
The West Florida Footprints is a journal published annually by the West Florida Genealogical Society. Dues-paying members receive a Footprints each year as a benefit of membership. A limited number of copies are available for purchase.
- Pensacola Vital Records Births/Deaths, 1891-1899, Volume 1 (Out of Print) 1988
- Pensacola Vital Records Births, 1899-1910, Volume 2 (Out of Print) 1989
- Pensacola Vital Records Deaths, 1899-1910, Volume 3 (Out of Print) 1989
- Gravestone Registry Escambia County- Volume 1 (Out of Print) 1986
- Gravestone Registry Escambia County- Volume 2 1988
- Santa Rosa County Cemeteries Inscriptions 1985
- Transcribed Marriage Records of Escambia County, Florida from 1821 - 1900 2009
- Transcribed Marriage Records of Escambia County, Florida from 1901 - 1918 2012
- West Florida Genealogical Society Newsletter published monthly and mailed to members.
The West Florida Genealogy Library is located at 5740 N. 9th Avenue, near Pensacola State College. The non-circulating library houses a collection of local history and genealogical resources including holdings owned by the West Florida Genealogical Society. Library staff and WFGS volunteers are available to assist with your information searches.
November 3, 2012
- Megan Smolenyak-Smolenyak will present in the a.m.: two subjects, "Right Annie, Wrong Annie" and "Trace Your Roots with DNA." After a lunch break, Megan will speak on "Find That Obituary" !"Online Newspaper Research," and "Honoring Our Ancestors." Complete details pending.
Purpose of the Society
The purpose of this society shall be:
1. To bring people together who are interested in genealogy and family history;
2. To promote genealogical research through programs, conferences, workshops,
library collections, and other activities;
3. To educate and assist members in the use of genealogical methods and standards of
4. To promote the preservation and dissemination of records and resources of the local
area having genealogical and historical research value.
- 1940 Federal Census through FamilySearch.org
- (List each project)
Nearby or Alternate Repositories
(List each repository, link to it, and briefly describe their collection. Ideally list around 3 to 7 repositories, but this is flexible.)
West Florida Links
- Escambia County, Florida Genweb Project, Inc.
- FloridaGenWeb Project, Inc.
- Escambia County
- Santa Rosa County
- Okaloosa County
- Walton County
- Holmes County
- Washington County
- Bay County
- Jackson County
- Calhoun County
- Gulf County