Westchester Illinois Family History Center
Welcome to the Westchester Family History Library!
The Westchester Family History Center was first established in February of 1999. It was primarily an extraction or indexing library. Researchers would
use microfiche and then later microfilm to extract family information and create indexes to help other researchers.
Today, the Westchester Family History Center is a computer research center. We have six computers, a scanner, digital camera and copier. We still
have two microfilm readers and are very active in online microfilm ordering. We currently have eight Family History Consultants with expertise in various areas.
Be sure to check out the Staff Resource Specialties below. Please stop in anytime during our walk-in hours or if you prefer give us a call and we can set up an
This is a great place to be!
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location: 1550 Haase Ave, Westchester, IL 60154 United States
Walk-in Hours: Sun 12PM-2PM Wed 7-9 PM Thu 7:30-9:30 PM**
**Thursday nights are primarily for Spanish speakers. However, help in English is
Appointments: Please call if you would like to set up a time outside our regular walk-in hours.
Leave your name, phone number and a day and time that works for you. We will get
back with you as soon as possible.
Sunday, February 11th for Stake Conference
Sunday, April 2nd for General Conference
Sunday, May 14th for Mother's Day
Sunday, June 18th for Father's Day
Sunday, October 1st for General Conference
TBD for October Stake Conference
2017 Thanksgiving and Christmas Closures:
Wednesday, November 22nd- Saturday, November 25th
Sunday, December 24th- Sunday, December 31st
Calendar and Events
National Genealogical Society 2017 Family History Conference
Family History Lives Here
May 10-13, 2017
Raleigh, North Carolina
RootsTech 2017 hosted by FamilySearch
The World's Largest Family History and Technology Conference!
February 8-11, 2017
Salt Palace Convention Center
Salt Lake City, Utah
Family Discovery Day
February 11, 2017
Family Discovery Day is a free 1-day event that will inspire you to discover, celebrate, and cherish your family relationships- past, present and future. Enjoy devotionals from LDS General Authorities, inspirational breakout sessions, and hands-on activities for everyone!
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has 6 computers, 2 microfilm readers, a digital camera for the microfilm readers, a printer/scanner, and wifi connection.
Staff Research Specialties
Vicki Young-United States Research (availabe the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month or by appointment)
Evelin Ullrich- Hungarian Research (available the 2nd or 4th Wednesday of each month or by appointment)
Gabby Pereyra- Spanish Research (available every Thursday)
Available by appointment only:
JoAnn Clyde- Chicago Research Helga Silski-German and Polish Research Missy Cochran- Scandinavian Research
Resources in the Local Area
- Names and histories of early residents and settlers of the mid-nineteenth century community of German immigrants located around 22nd Street and Wolf Road
- Brief summaries of the lives and relevant accomplishments of the people who explored, settled, and built the city of Chicago
- Open to public
- Research volunteers available Tuesday, Thursday, and 2nd/4th Saturday of each month from 10AM-2PM
- Riverside Public Library
1 Burling Rd, 1st Floor
Riverside, IL 60546
(Times and availabilty may vary. Contact CSAGSI at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (708) 442-6366 for the most updated information).
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the center director.