Whitford, Flintshire Genealogy
"WHITFORD, a parish in the Holywell division of the hundred of Coleshill county of Flint, 3 miles (N.W. by W.) from Holywell, containing 3333 inhabitants. This parish rises for the most part gradually form the shore of the wide aestuary of the Dee, by which it is bounded on the east nad north-east, into hills of considerable elevation; it comprises an extent of nearly eight thousand acres of land." [A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833, Samuel Lewis]
For more information on Whitford see: Genuki - Whitford
|before 31 March 1974||Flintshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Flintshire|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464323.