Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire Genealogy
Guide to Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Whittlesey|
|Parish registers: 1653|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Cambridgeshire Record Office|
- St Andrew
- St Mary
WHITTLESEY, a village, and district comprising the parishes of St. Andrew and St. Mary, which form a union, in the hundred of North Witchford, Isle of Ely, county of Cambridge, 6 miles (E. by S.) from Peterborough. There are places of worship for Baptists, Independents, Wesleyans, and Calvinistic Methodists. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Whittlesey Saint Andrew, Cambridgeshire : [parish register transcripts, 1602-1851 at FHL]
Bishop's transcripts for St. Andrew's Church, Whittlesey, 1602-1856 at FHL
- French Church
- General Baptist New Connexion
- Primitive Methodist
- Wesleyan Methodist
- Wesleyan Methodist Reform
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241228.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cambridgeshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Whittlesey on GENUKI
Whittlesey St. Andrew on GENUKI
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 557-560.Date accessed and adapted: 17 July 2013.