FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 84,399 articles in English
Contributors and Moderators
|2011 2012 2013|
Meetings occur the first Thursday of each month.
Click a meeting below for the agenda of a specific date. Please add what you would like to discuss and see what is planned. You can join the meeting from there.
- 7 July 2016 Meeting
- 4 August 2016 Meeting
- 7 January 2016 Meeting Recording Focus RootsTech Meeting, Beta wiki and the feedback button, Country Page Example, and Wiki Project Updates.
- 3 March 2016 Meeting Recording Wiki Update: No Editing time period, Country Pages. Yammer Wiki Contributor Group, Wiki project update and Questions.
- 7 April 2016 Meeting Recording Layout Change, Visual Editor training, Wiki Upgrade, Q and A.
- 5 May 2016 Meeting Recording
- 2 June 2016 Meeting Recording
- 3 December 2015 Meeting, Recording Focus Policy Updates, Naming locality wiki pages and Projects
- 12 Nov 2015 Meeting Recording Focus Update on Wiki Upgrade, Governance Council, and Projects
- 1 Oct 2015 Meeting Recording Focus Wiki Upgrade, Update on Projects and FaceBook Project
- 3 Sept 2015 Meeting RecordingFocus: Present projects
- 6 Aug 2015 Meeting Recording, Focus: Projects for contributors; upcoming changes to US County pages
- June, July - no meeting
- 7 May 2015 Meeting, Focus: Meeting and future trainings changes Recording.
- 2 Apr 2015 Meeting, Recording
- 26 Mar 2015 Meeting Suspended
- 19 Mar 2015 Meeting Suspended
- 12 Mar 2015 Meeting, Focus: CHANGES to the meeting Recording
- 5 Mar 2015 Meeting, Recording
- 26 Feb 2015 Meeting, Recording
- 19 Feb 2015 Meeting, Recording RootsTech highlights and learnings
- 12 Feb 2015 (cancelled due to RootsTech2015)
- 5 Feb 2015 Meeting, Recording
- 29 Jan 2015 Meeting, Recording
- 22 Jan 2015 Meeting, Recording
- 15 Jan 2015 Meeting, Recordings Guests: Family History Centers
- 8 Jan 2015 Meeting, Recording
- 1 Jan 2015 Happy New Year!
- Go to WebEx to join the meeting
- Enter the meeting number
- Enter your name and e-mail address
- Click "Join."
Once you join the meeting, a box will appear for you to enter a telephone number to have the system call you. You may choose to use a headset connected to you computer instead of using your telephone.
If any challenges arise in joining the meeting, call in and enter the following access code to establish an audio connection: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free:1-855-537-4000, Enter Access Code, Ask the host to sent an e-mail invitation to you from WebEx.
Discussion and Proposal page
A page has been created to list ongoing suggestions and ideas that evolve from these meetings. It is hoped that possible changes and projects will not be forgotten, and will eventually reach a resolution. See Community Discussions and Proposals for the list.
The Contributor's meeting was spurred by discussions from the Contributor's Corner Forum, including:
- Define the roles of moderators and adopters and the impact upon other contributors
- Discuss content isssues, such as the manual of style, creating informative links, and more.
- Share best practices, ideas, and suggestions
- Move from talk to decision and implementation
The Technical Meeting previously handled many of these issues. It has recently evolved into technical issues that may not interest all contributors.