Wilmington North Carolina Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 514 S College Rd Wilmington NC 28403 United States
- Tuesdays: 11am - 3pm
- Wednesdays: 11am - 3pm; 7pm - 8:30 pm
- Other: Appointments for assistance outside normal operating hours are available upon request. Please call the center to schedule.
- If you are traveling any distance please call ahead to verify office hours and staffing.
Call ahead to verify hours and other possible holiday or weather related closings. The center will be closed: January 3 & 4, 2017; February 14, 2017; April 11 & 12, 2017; May 30 & 31, 2017; July 4 & 5, 2017; Sept 5&6, 2017; November 21 & 22, 2017; December 19, 2017 - January 3, 2018. We will reopen on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- This Family History Center utilizes computers, microfilm readers, microfiche readers and a laser printer.
Staff Research Specialties
- This Family History Center has consultants experienced in research of Southern heritage
- This Family History Center has consultants proficient with FamilySearch and Ancestry as well as experience with both French and Italian records