Wisconsin, United States Genealogy
United States Wisconsin
|Wisconsin Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Wisconsin ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Wisconsin is a state in the middle northern part of the United States. It is divided into 72 counties.
Getting Started with Wisconsin Research
Links to articles on getting started with Wisconsin research.
Wisconsin Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Wisconsin research.
Wisconsin Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Extinct or Renamed Counties:
Wisconsin Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Wisconsin genealogy sites on the internet
- Wisconsin Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Wisconsin
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Wisconsin
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Wisconsin genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Wisconsin County Creation Dates and Parent Counties
- Wisconsin County Histories at Wisconsin Historical Society website
- http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wibiog/l.htm Wisconsin Genealogy
- The United States Vessel Enrollments for the Great Lakes region. The transcriptions are from a project that involved an attempt to transcribe all steamboat enrollments for Great Lakes ports prior to 1861, all vessels for Detroit and Cleveland up to 1861, and Buffalo up to 1841 are included in the file. The set includes 5741 enrollments in which just under 2000 individual vessels are named, over 6000 people were identified.