From FamilySearch Wiki
Withington was a peculiar under the Bishop of Gloucester. For information about probate records in England, click here.
- Click here for information about the Court of the Peculiar of Withington and its probate records.
- Index: click here for an alphabetical list of the 97 persons whose wills were proven in the peculiar court between 1622 and 1776.
- Look in the index to the Court of the Peculiar of Withington by clicking on the link above.
- If you find reference to a will of interest to you, click on the link above for information about the probate court's records.
- Obtain a copy of the will, either by writing to England or by viewing it on microfilm. Click here for more information.
- If no reference of interest is found, search the records of the Court of the Bishop of Gloucester. If you are looking for a will after 1776, you should also check the Bishop's court.