Wolcott was chartered on August 22, 1781 by the Vermont Legislature. The town was named for General Oliver Wolcott, a signer of the Declaration of Independence. The population at the 2010 US Census was 1,676.  
Inventory of the town, village and city archives of Vermont, no. 8, Lamoille County, vol. 10, Town of Wolcott - view a digital version of this document.
- FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
- Wolcott, Vermont Death Records, 2000-2006, are available on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The probate district for Wolcott is Lamoille.
Lamoille Probate Court
154 Main St.
PO Box 570
Hyde Park, VT 05655
Phone: (802) 888-3306
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Wolcott. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Lamoille County, website at this link.
- Davenport Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Fairmount Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Hubbell Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Taylor Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1955 - 1999, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
- Wolcott, Vermont Land Records, 1853 -1929, are available on FamilySearch (browse only images).
- The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Wolcott Town Clerk's Office. These include Vital records of Wolcott, Vermont, 1769-1999, and Deeds, 1794-1853.
Wolcott Town Clerks Office
28 Railroad St.
PO Box 100
Wolcott, VT 05680
Phone: (802) 888-2746
Libraries and Historical Societies
Glee Merritt Kelley Community Library
320 School Mill Rd.
Wolcott, VT 05680
Phone: (802) 472-6551
- Wolcott, Vermont - Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolcott,_VT
- Wolcott, Vermont - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/LamoilleWolcott.html