Wood Norton, Norfolk Genealogy
|Wood Norton, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Aylsham|
|Parish registers: 1722|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
WOOD-NORTON, a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 7 miles (N. W.) from Reepham; with united rectories of All Saints and St. Peter. 
Wood Norton All Saints is an Ancient Parish in the diocese of Norwich.
The original Blue Stocking, Benjamin Stillingfleet was born here where his father Edward Stillingfleet was rector.
Wood Norton is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is located some 10 km (6.2 mi) east of Fakenham and 30 km (19 mi) north-west of Norwich.
For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of North Norfolk.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Wood Norton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Wood Norton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Record Office Parish Records of Wood Norton and the united benefice of Wood Norton and Swanton Novers reference PD 407
Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Item 19 Baptisms and burials 1722-1796 Marriages 1723-1754 Item 20 Baptisms and burials 1796-1813 Item 21 Baptisms 1813-1920 Item 22 Marriages 1754-1793 Item 23 Banns 1754-1793 Item 24 Marriages 1794-1812 Banns 1794-1825, 1845-1878 Item 25 Marriages 1814-1836 FHL BRITISH Film 1596159 Items 19-25
Archdeacons transcripts Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Early entries in Latin.
Baptisms 1600-1610, 1628-1633, 1666-1812 Marriages 1600-1610, 1628-1633, 1666-1811 Burials 1601-1610, 1628-1633, 1666-1811 FHL BRITISH Film 1526783 Item 7
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438855.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Wood Norton on GenUKI
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 657-661. Date accessed: 12 August 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.