Woodbridge Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 3000 Dale Blvd Dale City, Virginia 22193
- The entrance to the church parking lot is located on Ashdale Ave. The entrance to the Family History Center is along the long driveway leading to the parking lot. This door has an open/closed sign on it. When the center is open, ring the doorbell located in the upper right corner of the doorway. A staff member will come and let you into the building.
- Tuesdays: 10:00am-12:30pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesdays: 10:00am-12:30pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- First Saturday of each month: 10:00am-12:30pm
- Third Sunday of each month: 7:00pm-8:30pm Se Habla Espanol
The week of Thanksgiving. The week of Christmas.The week of New Year's Day. Whenever Prince William County Schools are closed for the entire day due to weather the FHC will also be closed for the entire day.
Follow us on Facebook to receive notifications of classes and changes in hours.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to receive films and fiche ordered online through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Databases include
- and others.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 6 computers with internet access for patron use. In addition we have 1 microfilm/microfiche scanner that creates digital images that can then be printed or saved to a thumb drive or CD.
Our staff is ready and willing to provide personal one on one assistance to help you with your family research.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)