Worcester Massachusetts Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 67 Chester St Worcester MA 01605 United States
- This Family History Center is a computer only facitility an operating hours are by appointment only. Appointments can be made through the email address listed above.
- The microfilm, and hard-copy research capabilities of this center were transferred to the Worcester Public Library in 2013.
For film-research/ordering in the Worcester area, contact the Worcester Public Library: 3 Salem Square, Worcester, Ma 01608 (508 799 1655)
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. However, this center does not have microfilm/fiche reading capability That functionality was transferred to the Worcester Public Library (see the address listed above).
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 9 personal computers, 1 printer/scanner/copier, Internet access.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)