WorldCat Online Catalog
|Type of site||Catalog and community|
OCLC WorldCat is an online union catalog of over 2 billion titles at 72,000 libraries in 172 countries and territories. The catalog of the Family History Library also has been made available via OCLC WorldCat starting in 2014. Although it is the world’s largest bibliographic database for materials held around the world, OCLC WorldCat does not list sources housed in repositories outside their consortium.
Searching WorldCat for sources is simple:
- Go to www.worldcat.org
- Type in some keywords for the title, subject or person. An advanced search option is also available.
- Click on the name of the title you need.
- Enter your location and then click "find libraries".
- Scroll down and click on the name of a holding library.
- Click on details to see description of the item. You can see a Full Record, Brief Record, or have A Look Inside.
- Click on Request Interlibrary Loan to see details on lending, or check with your local library for assistance.
Newspapers. The Finding Microfilmed Newspapers Wiki page includes WorldCat instructions and screenshots.
For a partial list of libraries, archives, societies, and museums with cataloging in WorldCat, and whose collections are described in this Wiki, see Category:WorldCat libraries.