Difference between revisions of "10th Battalion, Virginia Heavy Artillery (Allen's) (Confederate)"
m (moved 10th Battalion, Virginia Heavy Artillery to 10th Battalion, Virginia Heavy Artillery (Confederate): to distinguish from Union)
Revision as of 19:26, 28 April 2011
AKA Allen's Battalion Organized April 14, 1862 at Richmond, Virginia with five companies. Surrendered at Appomattox Court House on April 9, 1865 with 103 officers and men. The unit served in the Department of Richmond until 1865 when it was transferred as infantry to the Army of Northern Virginia. It was involved in the Richmond defenses at Brook's Turnpike and at Drewry's Bluff. Majors William Allen and James 0. Hensley were in command.
Field and Staff
- Originally called the Brandon Light Artillery.